Colleges That Offer Grants To Cover Housing Costs

Aside from tuition, the main cost associated with college for students who choose to live on campus during their time in school is room and board. Housing costs vary greatly among schools, but some colleges offer good educational grants to cover the cost of housing for students. The following schools offer grants or scholarships to help with housing expenses:

Colleges That Offer Grants To Cover Housing Costs

Bridgewater State College: The Bridgewater State College offers aid to students through the Massachusetts State College Building Authority Housing Grant. Students must prove their financial need to be eligible.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University: In order to receive the Emerging Leader Scholarship to cover housing costs at this school, undergraduate students must be a member of the Corps of Cadets and must file a FAFSA. Students can receive an amount of money between $1,500 and $3,000.

Central Christian College: Returning juniors or seniors at Central Christian College can receive a grant of up to $1,000 to put towards room and board costs. There are an unlimited number of these grants available to students in need.

Jacksonville University: The Room and Board scholarship at this Florida school is granted to students that demonstrate financial need, but that did not receive any other education grants for college from the university or grants only for women.
Texas A&M University: The ROTC Room and Board Scholarship at Texas A&M University is granted to both undergraduate and graduate students that are enrolled in the ROTC program, had an SAT score of at least 970, and have at least a 2.5 GPA.

In addition to these schools, the National Oratorical Contest Scholarship is granted to students by the American Legion. High school students must compete in and win the competition in order to receive a grant ranging from a minimum of $1,500 to a maximum of $19,000, which must be used for costs associated with college, including room and board.

Grants to help college students pay for housing on their campuses are rare these days, but it’s worth learning about education grants to determine whether or not your college or the state government offers aid for room and board. Also make sure you look into grants from the federal government that you may qualify for. Any grants that help pay for housing expenses will be very beneficial in the long run.